What We Believe
1. We believe that God is the creator of the Universe. He is the creator of all things.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He came to the earth in human form. He was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead.
He died for our sins.
3. The Holy Spirit is the comforter. He indwells within us, communicates to our individual spirit, and guides us in the interpretation of the
scriptures. He convicts us when tempted.
4. The Bible is our message from God. It is the means by which we know God and what he demands of us. Both the New and Old Testaments reveal God and his plan of salvation. It is our guide to live by.
5. We believe that Baptism is a personal witness of the works already taking place in the believer. It’s an outward sign of an inward change Baptism
is for a believer only. It should be done by full immersion.
6. We believe the Lord’s Supper is a remembrance of Jesus” Life and Death, the shedding of his blood to cover all our sins. We also declare anticipation of his return. Because we are proclaiming Jesus’ Death and Resurrection, only believers should partake.
7. The purpose and mission of the church is to declare the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ.
8. The people of the church are the body of Christ. Each and every believer has a gift that can and should be used toward the mission of the church.
9. We believe the Minister is the spiritual leader of the church and should declare the Good News, and encourage, inspire, and direct the church members and proved leadership and guidance.
10.We will support American Baptist churches by continuing to use our gifts to the best of our abilities toward support and ministry of the church.
11.Our relationship to the Christian Church throughout the world is to give our time and talents to One God, One Christ, and One Union in the support of the entire body of the church throughout the world.